Wills & Lasting Power of Attorney
Our private client department specialises in helping you to manage your affairs and make sure that everything is in order should the worst happen. Forward planning can help save your loved ones a lot of worry at an already difficult time.
- Making a Will is vital if you want to be certain that your wishes will be met after you die.
- A Will is the only way to make sure your savings and possessions go to the people and causes you care about.
- You can decide in your Will who will take care of your children should you die whilst they are still young.
- If you die without a Will your loved ones might have to pay unnecessary tax.
LASTING POWERS OF ATTORNEY
- Making a Lasting Power of Attorney allows you to choose someone to make decisions about your finances, property and personal welfare should you become unable to make decisions yourself.
- Becoming incapacitated without a Lasting Power of Attorney could involve your loved ones in a time consuming, expensive application to the Court of Protection with ongoing requirements such as paying an annual fee and submitting an annual report.
COURT OF PROTECTION
- Making an application to the Court of Protection may be necessary if a person is unable to make decisions about paying bills, managing finances or property when there is no-one with legal power to act.
- An application to be appointed a Deputy for someone who has become mentally incapable of managing their affairs ensures a family member or friend is able to help and be involved in important decisions.
CARE FOR THE ELDERLY
What sets our private client team apart is the fact that we are prepared to go that extra mile for our elderly clients. We provide home and nursing home visits. We are prepared to act on occasions as Executors and Attorneys for those without suitable family or friends or for clients who just prefer a professional to handle their financial, property and health and welfare matters efficiently.
"As usual we could not fault any of the staff. Helen being a very caring person makes making a will a lot less stressful, she does not rush you and explains everything very carefully - we would certainly recommend her to anybody."
"A special 'thank you' to Helen and her secretary Kelly. They have been (as always) extremely professional and efficient whilst remaining friendly and helpful. A top class team - thank you for your patience and understanding too."
"I should like to commend all your staff at the Long Sutton office on their courteous, friendly and professional attitude. Particularly Helen Pacey - if only all advisors were of her excellent efficiency what a well ordered place our world would be!"
Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
SRA Number: 52592.